GPX Animator generates video from GPX files.
- supports multiple GPX tracks with mutliple track segments
- skipping idle parts
- configurable color, label, width and time offset per track
- configurable video size, fps and speedup or total video time
- background map from any public TMS server
Latest Stable Version
It is recommended, to download the latest stable version. As of today, this is v1.4, released on Dec. 20, 2019. In this release we closed 48 reported issues! Here is a summary of the most important ones:
- showing speed in animation
- adding photos to the animation
- adding coordinates to the animation
- asking before overwriting an existing output file
- adding link to the FAQ in the help menu
- adding "Open Recent File" menu
- adding new map source: OpenTopoMap
- adding optional map tile cache to reduce download size
- adding optional icons to the current track position
- allow negative time offset for GPX tracks
- UI consistency: Make all labels upper case words
- GPX-Animator now has a custom domain: https://gpx-animator.app
- fixed incorrect zoom factor calculation
- fixed time offset problem with negative time offset values
- fixed a lot of minor issues
For default GUI run:
java -jar GpxAnimator-1.4.jar
For program help run:
java -jar GpxAnimator-1.4.jar --help
For direct rendering run:
java -jar GpxAnimator-1.4.jar --input track.gpx
Application is crashing with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Increase java heap memory:
java -Xmx1024m -jar GpxAnimator-1.4.jar.
If the problem persists, try higher value or check if your GPX trace doesn't cover too big area.
If it does then try to specify lower zoom, width and/or height.
Does it run on Linux, Windows, WhateverOS?
Application will run on any platform where you can run Java.
My GPX is missing point timestamps
No problem. Add --forced-point-time-interval option.
Video is very short or long
Fine-tune speedup or specify exact total time in seconds.
The UI is too small on a high DPI screen
Some (older) Java versions have problems with the resolution of a high DPI screen. Until we find a solution to do it programmatically, you can force Java to double the size of the UI using this command:
GDK_SCALE=2 java -jar target/GpxAnimator-1.4.jar
I have some other problem
Feel free to open an issue in the GitHub Issue Tracker (highly preferred) or write us at email@example.com.
- Freemap Mapping Party Oščadnica 2015
- Mapping party Revúca 2014
- Freemap Slovakia Mapping Party in Low Tatras 2013
- Mapping party Kysuce 2013
- Demo of GPX Animator 0.4
- Medzi mestami 2011