GPX Animator generates video from GPX files.
- supports multiple GPX tracks with mutliple track segments
- skipping idle parts
- configurable color, label, width and time offset per track
- configurable video size, fps and speedup or total video time
- background map from any public TMS server
Latest Stable Version
It is recommended, to download the latest stable version. As of today, this is v1.5.2, released on August 21st, 2020. This is a bugfix release:
- Improved error messages
- Fixing a bug which prevented disabling the text in the animation.
- Fixing a bug in percentage calculator (never reached 100%)
- Fixing crazy behaviour of Latitude and Longitude spinner
- Fixing spinners not being able to go negative using the down arrow on first attempt
- Automatic repair of broken files produced by Sigma Rox 12 bicycle computer
- Show correct version number when using a saved file from an older version
Important information for Windows and macOS users: The installer is not signed. If you start the installation, you'll get a warning, but you can go over it and continue the installation. GPX Animator is open source and free to use, we don't earn money with it and thus can't afford to pay the yearly fee of round about € 270 (for Windows) and € 100 (for macOS) for the code signing certificate! If you know a better solution, please let us know. Thank you very much for your understanding.
ej-technologies provides us a free license for Install4J. Thank you very much for your support!
If you have used the installer for Windows, macOS, or Linux, you will find a program icon in your application starter menu, which you can click to start GPX Animator. For the OS independent Java Archive, please use the command line:
For default GUI run:
java -jar gpx-animator-1.5.2-all.jar
For program help run:
java -jar gpx-animator-1.5.2-all.jar --help
For direct rendering run:
java -jar gpx-animator-1.5.2-all.jar --input track.gpx
Application is crashing with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Increase java heap memory:
java -Xmx1024m -jar gpx-animator-1.5.2-all.jar.
If the problem persists, try higher value or check if your GPX trace doesn't cover too big area.
If it does then try to specify lower zoom, width and/or height.
Does it run on Linux, Windows, WhateverOS?
Application will run on any platform where you can run Java.
My GPX is missing point timestamps
No problem. Add --forced-point-time-interval option.
Video is very short or long
Fine-tune speedup or specify exact total time in seconds.
The UI is too small on a high DPI screen
Some (older) Java versions have problems with the resolution of a high DPI screen. Until we find a solution to do it programmatically, you can force Java to double the size of the UI using this command:
GDK_SCALE=2 java -jar gpx-animator-1.5.2-all.jar
I have some other problem
Feel free to open an issue in the GitHub Issue Tracker (highly preferred) or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Freemap Mapping Party Oščadnica 2015
- Mapping party Revúca 2014
- Freemap Slovakia Mapping Party in Low Tatras 2013
- Mapping party Kysuce 2013
- Demo of GPX Animator 0.4
- Medzi mestami 2011